Putting a Fretless 22 Frets Electric Guitar neck on a 21-fretted Squier by Fender Affinity Stratocaster

Ceibagroove

• Members

I have a Squier by Fender Affinity Stratocaster guitar with 21 frets like the one shown on the pictures, and I want to put on it a fretless neck like the ones shown on the pictures, however these necks are advertised as fretless 22 frets electic guitar necks, but my concern by looking closer at my guitar and at the fretless neck's pictures is that markers or inlay dots in the necks (at least the last one) appear at a longer distance from the heel of the neck, so I suppose that would indicate a longer neck and maybe this may cause some installation issues in the pocket and also some intonation problems. I would appreciate some leads on this in order to get a safe buy and not to commit myself to further problematic outcomings. Thanks.

Screenshot 2021-10-21 at 14-07-37 Squier by Fender Affinity Stratocaster - Guitarra eléctrica para principiantes, diapasón [...].png

Screenshot 2021-10-21 at 14-06-56 Amazon com DIY Fretless Electric Guitar neck 22Frets 25 5inch Maple Fretboard Gloss Music[...].png

Screenshot 2021-10-21 at 14-06-10 Amazon com Fretless 22 Frets Electric Guitar neck Maple Fretboard Dot Inlay Gloss 25 5inc[...].png

• 3 weeks later...
  • Moderators

measurements of the neck lengths and position markers would clarify this...got any?

a link to the fretless neck manufacturer's website would be helpful as well.

Putting a longer neck on will definitely alter the harmonic center [12 fret], but it is possible the 22 fret neck takes this into consideration and therefore moved the '12th' markers accordingly.:idk: