Deal of the century?

• Members

Samson MPL2242 Mixer (22 channel, 4 buss)

Furman TX3A Crossover

Alesis M-EQ 230 Equalizer

Fender SPA 7500 Amplifier (375 watts @ 4 ohms)

Alesis MidiVerbII Effects

All in a rat-fur covered road casr with tilt top.

All for $150 with cables, power strip, and manual for the mixer.

What say yee?

• Members

Well, it's kind of bottom of the barrel stuff, but it's not Behringer. Even still, seems really cheap. It would give someone a usable front end to start with, and you could gradually replace stuff 1 piece at a time.

First piece to migrate away from is that Alesis EQ...the notorious dirty thirty.

Still a functional audio pile for $150..especially if the mixer is in good shape.

• Members

Samson MPL2242 Mixer (22 channel, 4 buss)

Furman TX3A Crossover

Alesis M-EQ 230 Equalizer

Fender SPA 7500 Amplifier (375 watts @ 4 ohms)

Alesis MidiVerbII Effects

All in a rat-fur covered road casr with tilt top.

All for $150 with cables, power strip, and manual for the mixer.

What say yee?

I'd say not a bad deal to start off with. Don't know much about the board or the amp, but the Midiverb is okay. The Eq isn't real good (had a couple crap out on me). I don't really know much about Furman crossovers, if they're supposed to be decent or not, but we had one and it was not good. Everything was thin, tried out a different crossover and made a world of difference.

• Members

Actually for a basement practice rig this would be great for the money. The mixer alone is worth $150 - $225. The amp $100 - $150. The midiverb $50. The crossover $50. The EQ $50. Case probably $50.

Frankly, buying this pile of stuff is better than investing in the stock market. Conservatively, you can profit $300 putting it on ebay or Craigslist.

Archived