Help with Crossovers

• Members

Hello everyone, i'm new to all this live sound stuff and eager to learn as much as i possible can, so i'm hoping you can bear with me through this ...

I'm looking to purchase a new crossover. I play in a six piece band .. 3 giutars, keyboard, accordian, drums, bass, and 4 vocalists. We have the standard .. tops (EV's) .. for high/mid .. and or bins (also EV's) for lows.

I'm looking to purchase a new dbx crossover (either the 223XL or the 234XL) ... i'm just not sure what i should be getting. In the above band setup ... what is the best way to run the speakers ?? Highs and Mids in stereo and subs in mono, all three in stereo ?? and in each case, which crossover should i purchase to achieve what i need ...

I appreciate your expertise and your help !!

• Members

accordian? well that changes things a bit.

depends on how your amp racks are configured. If you plan on stereo triamp you'll need 3 amps, HF/MF/LF. for mono 2 would work: 1 amp does MF/HF and one for LF in parallel. Stereo subs aren't really needed but it doesn't hurt either, I use stereo triamp and when I can't I'll just run mono triamp all the way around.

Archived