BW vs LR

• Members

as far as crossovers

I'm not sure why your questions are so short and without much info, and I don't really want to pry. However, i've noticed that people who post with info that takes the guesswork out of things, tend to get complete answers. Just a suggestion, it's a free world (for some anyway) so feel free to ignore me:) BTW thanks for at least posting what you did re: speakers, but what type of music, instrumentation.... Are there current problems, blah, blah...

agedhorse has posted (several times) some good basic starting points (and tips) regarding crossover settings and limiter settings - do a search.

The slopes are different on the BW and LR, but that in itself will mean nothing until you delve a little further.

Don't know what your budget is, but if you don't already have a copy, I will once again suggest (along with everyone else) the Yamaha Sound Reinforcment Handbook http://www.amazon.com/Sound-Reinforcement-Handbook-Gary-Davis/dp/0881889008/ref=pd_bxgy_b_img_c

• Members

The BW and LR filter alignments are different responses at the crossover points, more or less the filter Q of the knee. This is achieved in the MFB type filters by adjusting relative feedback paths and adding or subtracting gain relative to the phase. If the Q gets too high, the filter will ring like the liberty bell. The slop is independant of the alignment type.

This has nothing to do with the limiters, and from the cryptic post makes me think you are either clueless about the basic operation or are missing keys on your keyboard. YOu might spend a little time with Google and wikipedia?

Archived