How's your NYE looking?

• Members

Night off... yay!!!

Things look really busy for Jan-Apr though.

JAn is looking busy for use too, and better shows, less of the "crap" stuff, we have 2 show this NYE, 1 venue is line audio. the other venue has 2 rooms and are larger DJ rigs. going to be working untill like 5 in the morning, and have another gig lined up for Jan 2nd.

Fun times.

Kev.

• Members

playing one of the bigger rooms tonight in the valley here in CT with my cover band...should be a packed house as it usually is when we play there. snowed earlier today but hopefully will be clear the rest of the evening..van is loaded and im all ready to go (and its only 4pm..hahaha) well i still have to shower...but the gear is ready to go for 7pm load in 930 start! happy new year everyone have a great show! dont spend all your new years eve band money at one place tomorrow afternoon.

• Members

Well my rig(s) not working but I am. Playing in an eleven piece band at the Yale http://theyale.ca/index.cfm "home of Vancouver's rhythm and blues".

Nice PA - Adamson system (four way I believe) with the best sounding nightclub monitors in town IMO. The gig itself should be great, but I'm making half the money I would make playing as a single. Who says I won't suffer for my art?

• Members

Just finished picking up the last rig. Everything went well, all 4 events. The columbia tower had fog all day so visibility was bad. The club gig went well and the soundguy really liked the 2 extra dual 18's I dropped off. The seattle wedding was ok but the wedding was in the same room and the band had 45min to set up and eat (bastards!). The other wedding (I played) was ok but the keyboard player really didn't want or care to read the charts very well, made the singer and I have a hard time. That system I ran out of power cords and XLR (milk crate wasn't big enough!) and the behringer powered mixer's 175 watts is optimistic. Whatever, I was tapped out at that point.

It was a good nye, but the truck and cargo van are full. The van gear I'm sure has been put away badly with cables in the wrong places, packed well but messy.

• Members

Oh yeah, the worst (not bad though) was at the top of columbia tower, one top cab didn't have any HF. Swapped cables, even went from the HF amp speakon output to the cab (the 15 gets HF material on 1+/- and the 1" gets HF material on 2+/- where usually the LEFT channel is on Pins 1 and RIGHT on pins 2, purely an acedemic test). HF was not working.

I opened up the cab and sure enought the 22xt wasn't connected at all! The wires were laying in the cab! I guess when I opened it up and I didn't reconnect them. To make it worse I had labeled the cabs as biamp only on the back and checked them with a powered mixer to make sure (only the 15's should work using pins 1+/-). I only hear the 15's so I ASSumed they worked. Had I checked using a biamp or triamp setup I'd have heard no horn and fixed it. But as is, I was making plans to get another set of cabs or a diaphram to the gig.

problem solved, conclusion: always check your work.

Archived