Monitor Suggestions (Active)

• Members

Well, I ended up holding of on the additional PRX for now. I ended up getting a pair of SM58 (I only had one SM57 to mic my guitar and needed these anyway), a pair of tripod boom stands (couldn't find the boom stands with the solid metal base?), some misc guitar crap I needed, and an American DJ H2O 250 EX Water Effect Light.

I thought the light effect was led, but when I checked the next day it turns out it's not. Not sure whether or not the band will want to use one light, but I figure it will add a nice vibe to the jam room at home.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

OK.. f it. I was going to pick up a pair of Proel Flash subs, but I've decided to stick to JBL. I'm going to get one PRX 518 now and a pair of something like Peavey PV12Ms. That will give me enough PA to do pretty much anything I could possibly find around here.... corners of bars playing classic rock, moden rock, blues, anything people will listen to. It will fit in my vehicle. Anything additional (monitors, drum mics, etc) will need to be provided by the guys I'm playing with I'll probably add another PRX 512 down the road if necessary another PRX 518.

I just need to pull the trigger on the PRX 518 today or tomorrow before I change my mind for the 100th time.

This will give me the following PA gear:

JBL PRX 512s FOH x2

JBL PRX 518 Sub x1

16 Channel Carvin CP1644 x1

Peavey PV12M monitors x2 (powered by the Carvin)

SM 58 x2 (with stands)

SM 57 x1 (for my guitar amp)

Thanks for the insight.

Archived