My Sunday afternoon

• Members

Are they anything like the California Guitar Trio?

Don't know, never heard the Trio. These guys were simply amazing.

What lights you using bill?

4 - 500w par 64 cans overhead in blue

18 - 500w fresnels half in amber and half in red.

• Members

This is a 500 seat auditorium opperated by the Rappahannock Foundation for the Arts. The room has near perfect acoustics as the back wall is lined with a velour curtain with 50% added fullness.

Eight years ago I flew a pair of Mackie SRM 450's and installed a KV2 EX2.2 into the stage. It does a nice job.

• Members

My Monday evening is doing a piano-vocal theatre show with 18 vocals and complex blocking.

So I walk in and meet the music director who is based out of NY, and surprise... I first worked with him almost exactly 25 years ago and have worked with him probably 15 times over the last 25 years with a particular national touring act, but not in the last 5 years (now I know why). We both share the same approach, same language and same understanding of how compromises work. We hash out everything for the show (it's a new show) in about 20 minutes and come up with a less conventional approach that both he and I feel is the best approach. Rehersal goes great, finishing up the last song now, and the show went as smooth as anything that's been touring for a year. Their production manager (sitting next to me) has a big grin on her face (needs to stop drooling). By speaking the same language with lots of experiece, a difficult show went off like clockwork. Show done, hit every cue and every mix 100%... not always the case for a new work.

Archived