PRX 718 vs. PRX 518

• Members

If the $300 wasn't a factor, would you go with the PRX 718 over the PRX 518 for a single sub?

Also, if you were to add a second sub down the line could you mix/match a PRX 718 with a PRX 518 with good sounding results?

• Members

It depends on how much you need, and what you are trying to achieve. IME, the 718 is like 1.5 of the 518's. I would not recommend mixing the two, you could but it may not produce the results you expect.

Right now the band I am playing with does not use subs and we are getting asked back to the majority of places we play. We don't use any subs. This band won't last for ever, but whatever band I play with is going to play the same places because there are only so many in the area. I don't need to go into overkill mode here, but I as I am building my PA I would like to get it right the first time.

I have a bday coming up this month, so I was going to add the sub. I've got the cash for the 718, so I figure now is the time. I really think on quality sub would probably be plenty. I could always add the second if it made sense, financially and otherwise, to do so.

• Members

Well yes I know what's talking about. ;)

I don't understand what he meant by the benefits though. If he's referring to needing 2 subs to do the pole stacks then sure that is a given, but I was wondering if he meant something else.

edit: Aged and I posted at the same time, and OK, was just curious if there was some other benefit I wasn't aware of, thanks for the clarification. :)

Archived