Help me diagnose a RMX1450 issue

• Members

Hey gentlemen of HC. I am having a problem with my RMX1450 amp and I really hope it is not fried. This evening during rehearsal, we played for about an hour at moderate volume. Mixer master gain at 0db and amp gain at 3 o'clock. The amp feeds into a pair of SF215. After an hour of rehearsing the amp was flashing red lights and sound slowly dies until no sound came out. I shut it off for about five minutes and it would start up again but then 5 mins later it would shut down. Are these amps known for doing this? Would this be a serious case of "thermal shutdown"?

• Members

Check to see if there is a ton of dust buildup in the fan/vent and inside your amp. Lots of folks will leave an amp rack untouched for months at a time, allowing dust to just build and build. This could cause your amp to overheat. One of those routine maintenance things that sometimes gets overlooked.

• Members

Check to see if there is a ton of dust buildup in the fan/vent and inside your amp. Lots of folks will leave an amp rack untouched for months at a time, allowing dust to just build and build. This could cause your amp to overheat. One of those routine maintenance things that sometimes gets overlooked.

That may have been the cause. I opened up the top panel and inside is pretty dusty.

Archived