JBL MP418S , Any good ?

• Members

Hey all , anyone have an experience with the JBL MP418S subs ? I can pick up a pair for about $450 I've never heard them so I don't know , Gonna use then for a 3 piece classic to newer rock , Small to mid size clubs Don't need to be ungodly loud but would like them to have a good punch

• Members

I have 4 of them with a pair of SRX722's and I love them. I use 2 Crown MT2400'S on the low end -- one sub per amp channel = 800w per box.

I have 4 as well and love them. I power them with a Lab Gruppen FP3400 and give them about the same (2ohm stereo).

• Members

I believe that - except for the impedance - it's the same as 1/2 of a 4719X. A decent box.

Nope. Slightly smaller box with a bit less extension than the SRX models (with the 4718 still being less than half of a 4719). Same basic driver though.

On the plus side it's like 25 lbs less than a 4718.

• Members

I have two MP418S subs and they work great for me.They are not to large and not too heavy. I drive them with a Crown XLS 602 (600w @ 4ohm).

$450 is a great deal. I got mine for $600 for a pair and I thought that was a good deal.

• Members

Yes depending on the room/stage with 4 singles I can stack them or go side by side. I use them just as a single pair great results most rooms and I can add the others in the center as a sub cluster as well. Even putting the singers monitor there. Or they jump on and sing!!

• Members

Ok all thanks , I pulled the trigger on them here's the deal i got 2 mp418s(orig speaker in good shape ) and 3 mp212's but 2 of the 3 12's are shot but all 3 HF drivers work all in really good shape all for $500 I think I did pretty good

• Members

Note that the MP-200 series tops are not in the same catagoty as the MP-400 series.

The deal sounds good, but the cost of the replacement 12's might be a bit higher than you expect. The damage comes from folks powering them as recommended but without the proper high pass filter which is around 70Hz. With a lower HPF, the real world power handling falls off rapidly. Like by 1/2 even.

I might have some drivers that would work as well or better than the originals for less than the oem parts.

Archived