OK, Now that I have a DBX 1231 and a PA+ ....

• Members

I want to run them both in my rack so which one comes first in the lineup? Do I come out of the mixer into the 1231 and then into the PA+ or vice versa? I decided to keep the 1231 in the rack after buying the PA+ because I thought quick adjustments would be easier on a manual unit.

• Members

If you are using the Crossover function of the drive rack, it would seem that you would want to put the 1231 between the mixer and the driverack, assuming that you want the 1231 to effect everything. Placing the 1231 after the driverack, you would have to chose whether you want to effect the Mid-highs or the sub frequencies. All of this also assumes that you are running Two-Way dual mono/stereo.

• Members

We always insert our FOH eq. Doesn't this help the meters stay more accurate?

Doesn't matter, the meters indicate the output to the line drivers usually, and if you make eq changes drastic enough to alter the metering appreciably, you probably have bigger problems to worry about.

The eq has enough headroom to handle the console without worries and has it's own meters or O/L indicators as well.

• Members

Doesn't matter, the meters indicate the output to the line drivers usually, and if you make eq changes drastic enough to alter the metering appreciably, you probably have bigger problems to worry about.

The eq has enough headroom to handle the console without worries and has it's own meters or O/L indicators as well.

Cool, that is good to know. I had just remembered reading something about it on here maybe and thought there may have been something to it.

Thanks Andy.

• Members

We always insert our FOH eq. Doesn't this help the meters stay more accurate?

I would rather keep everything wired balanced...if I have a noise problem, it leaves me with a pin 1 to lift. I guess if you were running through a snake and keep your crossover/driverack on stage, maybe your console would be a better line driver than your EQ so inserting would have an advantage.

Dennis

Archived