Crest Equipment

• Members

I just inherited a PA system:

1) Crest Audio Powerlines Series 400 Amplifier

2) Crest Audio 3501S Professional Power Amplifier

3) Amplifier crate/rack

4) Turbosound model TMS 2 Speakers (pair)

5) Power supply Cabling

6) Speaker & Amp Cabling

However, I'm not sure how to wire up the amps to the speakers. Can you please provide some input to (a) function of the two amps and (b) how to wire them up? I checked the Crest website, and found very little paperwork.

Thank You and Merry Christmas!!!

~BW

• Members

#3 is just the rack that holds both of the rackmount amps. I'm going to try to attach a pic of the stuff.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]329179[/ATTACH]

A - Front view of amplifiers in case

B - Output of Crest Audio Powerlines Series 400

C - Rear view of both amps, inset - Crest Audio 3501S Professional Power Amplifier connections

D - Input for Crest Audio Powerlines Series 400

E - Amplifier case for both amps, inset - power supply "snake" ~50ft

F - Cabling that feeds to the amps (from source) - pair of cables, 30+ feet/each

G - Cabling from the amps to the speaker - pair of cables, 30+ feet/each

H - Speaker front - qty 2

I/J - Speaker back and connections

• Members

This is a biamp only rig.

You're missing the necessary processing that would have come with it, and may have been in another rack. Basically, there's no way to properly hook it up without, at bare minimum, the addition of an active crossover.

As for the function of the two amps, the big on is to drive the LF driver, and the littler one is for the mid/highs.

• Members

G and F need to be closely looked at and determined if future use is wise. they look to be in bad shape.

also, F is speaker wire, not signal wire.

i dont see any crossover in that rig; not sure how they were accomplishing that - maybe it lived elsewhere.

what is it you plan n doing with this? did you read the link i posted?

• Members

It also came with a mixer (Peavey 16 channel). However, I'll probably use my Carvin 24-channel instead. Either way, I was planning on using these at our Church, for "special events" where a band would come in or what not. Minimal use.

I haven't read the link yet. Hopefully get a chance this afternoon...

~BW

• Members

Be careful with your amps, some parts are no longer available. I am very familiar with them. Same with the speakers, many parts are not available and in some cases there are no after market substitutes either.

The TMS-2's were shipped biamped only. Find a real pro audio guy who knows what he is doing and find out for sure how the system is configured. You may be missing an important part.

Archived