Happy New Year guys!

• Members

ditto on the "year to forget". Hope '11 is much more happy, healthy and prosperous for all my HC mentors and friends.

Stix

Ditto!!! I thought I had a Happy New Year thread here. Must have had one too many glassed of wine or something. Well Happy New Year!!!

• Members

I gave up on New Year's gigs after 2005. Did a 2 dayer (day before new-years and new years). After 2 nights playing from 9-4, silly drunk people barfing on my equipment, and feeling like I didn't get to celebrate the holiday with my wife ever, I have given it up. My hat is always off to you guys that still do them though ;) If someone wasn't willing, none of us would be able to have those great times :)

With the economy the way it is (still trying to trudge its way out of a serious recession) .... especially here in Michigan, lots of good venues have been closed down. Lots of musicians have lost their day jobs and left the state (including my old bass player).

Happy new year to everyone here at HC. I hope that 2011 will be a much better year than 2010 (and 2009 for that matter). It can't rain every day can it?

• Members
I gave up on New Year's gigs after 2005. Did a 2 dayer (day before new-years and new years). After 2 nights playing from 9-4, silly drunk people barfing on my equipment, and feeling like I didn't get to celebrate the holiday with my wife ever, I have given it up.

I really lucked out I guess - great band, great room, great crowd, good eats and an early load-out. It was an Elk's club, $35 tickets for 150, semi-formal dinner dance. The dance floor was packed from the first song. And I got to do my favorite thing - mixing a well behaved band (7 piece) at a reasonable volume :) . The little PR-12D's over PV118's system had 10db of headroom all night :cool: .

Archived