Yamaha Club Concert Series

• Members

Does anyone have any knowledge of the Yamaha Club Concert Series cabinets? I currently use the Club V series and I am thinking on going with the Concert Series cabs. I like the look of them much better than the Club V. Are they the identical cabs? Is the same speaker and horn components the same in both? What is on the inside of the grill on to make it look better on the Concert Series? Yamaha

• Members

it appears they are calling the "C" series the concert series. you have the "S" series if you have rat fur.

the C series have the same parts at the S series, but have bedliner like coating and a different grill. there is a thin piece of material on the inside of the grill.

the C also has no metal corners.

• Members

Yamaha's literature seem to imply that the concert series are intended for install use, not portable. I never noticed whether they have handles, but the lack of corner protection on an MDF cabinet is a little frightening.

Most all poly-coated cabs don't have corner protectors.

Really the corner protectors don't do anything structurally for the cab. They provide a little bit of impact protection to corners, but if the edges are radiused enough, there's really not much help there. Honestly, I think a lot of why they are prevalent on so many cabs is simply to hide the sloppy looking area where the folds/seams in the covering are.

• Members

if they are indeed the C series (some store sites have the C and concert series interchangeable) then the corners are tough enough. i routinely use four of the "C" series and the corners have stood up to severe abuse; abuse so bad that the boxes have large scratches and dented/smashed in grills.

and they are particle board, not MDF (at least the S and C series). MDF is that product that is like thousands of pieces of paper glued together, neat stuff for sure but not truck worthy. it seems many folks freely interchange the two names

http://www.birchlandplywood.com/Sections/Details/21

particle board: 2783033770026985969S425x425Q85.jpg

• Members

it appears they are calling the "C" series the concert series. you have the "S" series if you have rat fur.

the C series have the same parts at the S series, but have bedliner like coating and a different grill. there is a thin piece of material on the inside of the grill.

the C also has no metal corners.

Why would they put a thin piece of metal inside the grill? Wouldn't that affect the sound?

• Members

if they are indeed the C series (some store sites have the C and concert series interchangeable) then the corners are tough enough. i routinely use four of the "C" series and the corners have stood up to severe abuse; abuse so bad that the boxes have large scratches and dented/smashed in grills.

and they are particle board, not MDF (at least the S and C series). MDF is that product that is like thousands of pieces of paper glued together, neat stuff for sure but not truck worthy. it seems many folks freely interchange the two names

http://www.birchlandplywood.com/Sections/Details/21

particle board:
2783033770026985969S425x425Q85.jpg

I would love to see some actual photos of your "C" series being used to see how they hold up. I am thinking about modifying the "S" series grills to look like the "C" series grills.

• Members

i dont have C series. i own S series. i do routinely use C series though, and the ones i use look like hell. in that case it is not the speakers fault and i have every reason to believe that if properly cared for they will remain in like new condition indefinitely.

did you read this? http://acapella.harmony-central.com/showthread.php?2632120-Plywood-Clubs...-behold&highlight=coaster+clubs

• Members

My C series monitors (4 of them) are going on almost 5-years of service and about 60+ shows a year and are holding up very well.

But, I do move them myself and I try not to abuse my gear......too much...

this is key. if you look at my pile of boards in the pic - that happened from abuse. this was one possible ending for particle board boxes.

• Members

My C series monitors (4 of them) are going on almost 5-years of service and about 60+ shows a year and are holding up very well.

But, I do move them myself and I try not to abuse my gear......too much...

I didn't know they have been out for that long. How come they are hard to find?

• Members

i dont have C series. i own S series. i do routinely use C series though, and the ones i use look like
hell
. in that case it is not the speakers fault and i have every reason to believe that if properly cared for they will remain in like new condition indefinitely.

did you read this?

Great read Coaster! Awesome work and info!

• Members

I have 2 c115 yami's. Got them from M123 discounted because of shipping damage. They were not fixed as promised when I got them. Corner and down the front edge of both cracked. Inside the horn had come loose from the fall I guess. After bitching they only charged me $200 a cab. I fixed the horn and took them to a linex dealer for a touch up. They work fine the cloth grille insert is ok but they shipped mine with styryfoam peanuts and they seem to be magnatized to the grill, most came off not all. Rat fur is stronger it seems, dont drop these, they look good but dent easy.

Archived