Best live stage controlled vocal processor

• Members

We are in a five pice rock cover band. Our singer owns two vocal processors and we are not really happy with either one. The first is a TC helicon VoiceLive 1. It can sound great, but is a nightmare to program/control. We purchased a Digitech vocalist live 4, and are not very happy with the effects, however, it is very easy to control. A harmony function is not required, however, our singer loves the "thickening" effect. I see TC Helicon has some smaller foot controlled boxes such as the Voicetone Create XT. I also see a Boss has a unit. Thoughts?

• Members

I own the Boss unit and love it for thickening up the vocals but I just use the doubler which is all we need. If it were me maybe get a midi mouse for your TC unit and just take the time necessary to make your custom patches you need.

• Members

You own the Ve-20?

Yea I did a mini review on the VE-20 awhile back on it. It's great unit at it's price point and the FX sound decent and it's pretty quiet, a big plus for me. Since the digitech unit was tad to noisy for my taste. Plus my guitarist wasn't thrilled about plugging his guitar into a vocal pedal. If would have a guitar pedal then he would have been all smiles but a vocal pedal he's was liking that at all. Scared it would mess with his tone. He's a tone freak but most season guitarist are so no big news there.

But seriously the TC units are the best budget unit out there. Unless you wanna step it up to a Eventide but better have some bank with the Eventide unit they aint cheap.

Archived