Small system amusement

• Members

Thought yous guys would get a chuckle out of the system I used yesterday. MG82CX mixer into two Behringer B208D's placed behind the band. Two Nady SP1 mics "Y"d together on trombone and sax. Two SM58's "Y"d together on vocals. Two RadioShack $20 DI's on guitars:

http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2062444

One of the guys had been plugging his passive pickup guitar into the line inputs of mixers and wondering why it sounded like arse :facepalm:.

If I needed another mic or two I'd have moved the guitar with active electronics to the stereo "line input only" with a cheap Behringer preamp pedal (I have a BDI 21 but a ADI 21 would be the "proper" choice). I don't really need the EQ on the BDI/ADI for this application but I would if I used the stereo return for another channel - then I could get 8 mics and two instruments into this little 5 channel mixer :freak:.

• Members
Nice and portable Ron!!!

For those of us local to Ocean State Job Lot stores the B208D's fit well in the $3 green duffel bags they sell - then you can carry two in each hand :eek:. They'd probably make great monitors for one of my bigger systems too. BTW I got to compare them to some K8's and I thought they pretty much sounded the same at reasonable volumes.

• Members

The B208D's have a serious amount of non-defeatable dynamic low end EQ so the "limit" lights come on pretty early on full range music - but you can go quite a bit past that before they run out of gas in the 80Hz+ vocals and guitars range I'd guess. I had them set half way up and was barely flickering the -20 light on the mixer so wouldn't know :cool:.

Archived