I bought a pair of JBL PRX612M's, Telefunken M80 and now I need a mixer - Which mixer

• Members

RE: direct outs for multi-track recording. These Soundcraft boards have insert points that can be used as individual channel sends when the jack is properly wired.

yes but then you can't record AND insert. Like if you wanted to record a live show for mix down later but also insert some gates on your drums.

• Members

yes but then you can't record AND insert. Like if you wanted to record a live show for mix down later but also insert some gates on your drums.

Agreed, but that was not part of the statement bobbyonenote made. He simply said:

You won't find direct-outs for multi-track recording, with this class of mixer.

While the Mixwix is a superior mixer, I was simply pointing out that his statement about the lower cost Soundcraft boards was incorrect.

• Members

I only have experience with the Onyx and the Mixwiz.

The Mixwiz has more sensible routing and a more "live-performance" oriented feature-set. I also do not trust the reliability of Mackie mixers based on my experiences with their VLZ models, but that may or may not actually be a problem with this line.

The Mixwiz is pretty tough to beat in it's market segment.

...On the other hand, I'm also in the market for a rack mount board, and I'm looking real hard at the digital offerings. The feature sets are getting pretty appealing.

Archived