This is what im looking for in a mixer....

• Members

I want a simple mixer to run for pa use but I also want to ability to run it into an audio interface or run direct in to a DAW for recording. I dont really care about bells and whistles. I want a basic mixer with at least 8 XLR's and individual channel levels and a master level/line out. EQ is not totaly required because I can ad an EQ later if need be. I like the simplicity of the Behringer RX1202FX but not fond of the brand rep. I also have an eye on the Tascam US1641 but not sure how well it will work as PA use. also looking at the PreSonus fp10....I like Firewire lol

This will be used mostly for recording and some PA use during band practice (vocals only) it will never be giged with.

• Members

The older yamaha is ok, does the trick, there is no USB or firewire connection on it though.

If you need something firewire based there aren't a lot of choices: Mackie 1620 something is one, but they are expensive, alesis makes a firewire mixer too that's ok. You can also get a regular mixer and a firewire I/O like the presonus 8ch firewire interface. there are options.

• Members

Would this work?

I already have a FireWire solo that I use for single recording stuff. Can I just run any mixers output into the FireWire solo? Or will it be too much for the single channel interface to handle?

Archived