Ear cups on HD 280

• Members

I just replaced the ear cups on my old hd280. I have to say, that for 20$ from B&H they feel really good again. It is nice to have stuff that can be fixed, you know? If I can get another three of five years out of them...

I know that it is hella geeky, but they are kind of personal to me. I spend a bunch of time in them.

I am just stoked that I didn't have to buy new cans.

So anyhow: here is to gear that can be kept in service.

• Members

I agree. I am rebuilding a dozen Yamaha mixers that are >20 years old, fully rebuildable and the first one came out performing just like new. Looks like new too, that's what happens when you take care of the gear. While only 6 channel mixers, they were ~$1200 new and worth every penny. Pro all the way. So it will cost more than I can buy a 6 channel mixer for new today but IMO it's well worth putting even $500 into these because in the end you have a mixer that's 10x better than the cheap junk made today.

• Members

"I've got to replace the top pad as I was hanging them on too sharp a hook. Where did you find parts? "

:D Actually, I just gaffed that particular area back together and it has held up better. But I order most stuff like this from B & H photo/video, just because I order a lot of stuff from there. There are plenty of places to find parts, though, and AFAIK most vendors can order the parts.

Archived