Cudos to Third Ear Sound

• Members

I played The Monterey Bay Blues Festival Sunday. Third Ear Sound ( http://www.thirdearsound.com/index.html ) provided the SR. There were three outdoor stages. From what I saw, the two smaller stages used JBL Array Series 4892 ( 3 per side ) and two Radian dual 18" subs, per side, all powered with QSC amps. I pretty sure one of the consoles was a Yamaha M7CLV3, I think. Didn't look closely at the others. The main stage used JBL Vertec line arrays and subs. Sound in the crowd was very good, and sound onstage was very good, IMHO. The Array's on the other, smaller outdoor stages sounded a little "boxy" but quite clear. The Vertec's sounded very good. Third Ear did a fine job mixing and managing the various artist switch-overs. Very pro and a pleasure to work with. All the artist performances were good to stellar. But for me, the performance of the day was Peabo Bryson. What an awesome singer this man is. Great stage presence and control. The backing band was spectacular. Glad I was there to hear it!

• Members

It is nice to play gigs with pro sound companies. I had a good experience this weekend with a sound company out Spokane Washington. I can't remember the name but the crew was very nice and professional. The PA was 24-EAWKF750s and 12 EAWSB1000s powered by crown microtechs. The wedges were EAWsm200ih with 2 for each performer. FOH mixer was a Yamaha PM5D. The tops were flown [12 per side] and the subs groundstacked [3 groups of 4].

Archived