Phil, Photos And The Fun of NAMM

Phil O'Keefe

This is my dog Brandi. Brandi had a rough life at times before she came to live with us - she's a rescue dog. What does this have to do with NAMM? My wife sent this picture to me while I was at the show - it seems Brandi wasn't happy having me gone for most of the week...

fetch?filedataid=122781

She was really happy when I finally got back home on Sunday!

The nice folks at Cloud Microphones have a new Cloudlifter out. I was really impressed with the Cloudlifter Z when I reviewed it a while back, and now there's the Cloudlifter Zi, which incorporates even more features into an incredibly useful little blue box. It's not just for microphones anymore - it allows you to adjust your instrument impedance now too!

fetch?filedataid=122782

Gearsecure launched their free app at NAMM. The tracking units are extremely small and can be hidden in just about anything, and in such a way that a thief would never know. They're talking to manufacturers about installing them, and eventually they'll probably be available for post-purchase installations too. If it prevents gear from being stolen from hard-working musicians, that's nothing but a good thing!

fetch?filedataid=122785

fetch?filedataid=122786

fetch?filedataid=122787

fetch?filedataid=122788

This controller tablet from Sensel seemed pretty interesting. Instead of buying a bunch of different controllers, this allows you to modify the basic unit with different control surface overlays - and not just drum machine style pads and keyboards, but all kinds of surfaces, including QWERTY keyboards, drawing surfaces, drum pads...

fetch?filedataid=122794

fetch?filedataid=122795

fetch?filedataid=122796

fetch?filedataid=122797

Archived