I should have known it was too good to be true.

• Members

My local store had a one day sale yesterday with some merchandise up to 80% off. I scored a used Peavey fx16 mixer in excellent shape for $299.00. I got it home and after playing with it for about an hour had the mains cut in and out. It did the same thing again this morning and I had to turn the board off and back on for it to work again. :cry: After reading the Peavey forums it turns out other fx owners have had the same problem. Anyway the local store is sending it back to Peavey for me since they now have the hardware fix available. I have used my guitar players fx16 and 32 before and they were fine. Has anyone else had problems with there fx mixer?

• Members

I haven't heard of anyone local here having this issue, and I was just with my friend(getting another EF500P) who is a Peavey dealer and he claims it's probably the most reliable line he deals in.

And he has major lines (JBL, Yorkville, A&H, QSC, Marshall, Ampeg, etc,, )

Surprisingly he claims the most returned product he receives back is the QSC K series.....

The FX16 is what goes out on all of his beater rentals.

• Members

Vinny local Yorkie Dealer?

With gear in stock!

LS801p's, EF500P, NX series, had some Unity stuff...not sure if he replaced them.

JBL PRX series cabs, QSC K series, A&H MixWiz & ZED series.

Crown Itech, XTI, XLS.

A bunch of Peavey gear.

One of the best drum shops in the area, D-Drum & Gretch (many others too, I am just not that into drums!)

High end Marshall guitar rigs, Trace Elliot bass rigs, Ampeg.

He has a TON of gear, the best stocked independant store I have seen....seriously.

It's worth the drive Jeff!

www.themusiccomplexri.com

He got me my TX9's in one day.

Great store.

• CMS Author

Unless Peavey has gone the way of other companies in very recent years, I'm confident they'll handle the repairs well and get your mixer back to you asap. I've had great service/support from them. My old RQ was repaired initially and has performed flawlessly ever since....going on 8 years now.

Archived