Inexpensive way to record my band live?

• Members

I've just started looking into ways to record video of my band live besides the occasional iphone video. I'd like an inexpensive option where I could also plug the camera into the board for better sound? Any suggestions. I don't want to spend more than $200 and maybe what I'm looking for doesn't exist but I thought I'd ask.

• Members

Got a laptop with a 1/8th" mic/line pluin jack? why not just get a 1/8th to RCA stereo Y cable go here http://www.reaper.fm/download.php which you can use for free then use the RCA tape out of the mixer into your laptop using the mic/line input jack to record on Reaper. There's a ton of tutorial video's to which can speed up the learning curve which it's easy to use. Well okay it was for me but I been using DAW software since 99.

Also if there's a latency problem meaning there a slight delay go here for a free Asio driver http://www.asio4all.com/ if your using windows sorry don't know any thing about Macs. Just figured I would toss that option.

• Members

Skip the board and put a good quality recorder at FOH. Zoom records pretty well.

Yeah, I'd get a Zoom H2 and just set it at FOH. I have a Zoom Q3HD but the video is useless, IMO.

The audio in this vid is recorded with the Q3HD, the video is from a Canon HFS100.

QJGAmjihWdA

• Members

any of the above, or call 911 and leave the phone on.....

Funny story, I heard a story about how Tommy Lee would call his house and leave song ideas on his answering machine while he was in jail. He'd have a rhythm or groove in his head but didn't have anything to record it with... so he'd call his house and leave a message on his answering machine. When he got out he had all his song ideas on his answering machine. That's actually kinda crafty.

Archived