PRX 618XLF with SRX 718

• Members

I'm no expert by any means but I do know that once upon time the 618S XLF was labeled the PRX 718S upon first initial release but then later on changed from 718 to 618. I also know both boxes use the same diver because I had a posted about some speaker specs. awhile back.

I'm sure it work just not sure how good it can work ? because your gonna need the same DSP settings on the 718 that the 618 has to get it to properly match.

Maybe Age can chime in he's the expert on the SR stuff and would ask him and see what he thinks because I'm no expert.

• Members

This is what I'm hoping. I have my 718's crossed over at 90Hz same as the 618 but with different slopes 24LR vs 48LR. There is also a slight dip at 66 Hz and a bump at 47Hz on the 718.

Aged are you there?

• Members

Some frequencies will benefit from coupling, others may not. Providing your polarity is correct(the 618 has a polarity button) you will get an over all increase in volume. There are many that will give you technical reasons why it won't work, but over the years I have seen way stranger combinations of subs "thrown together". I say try it and see how it sounds.

Archived