oh i'm itchin' serious itchin!

• Members

my amp rack has been in my shop since sunday morning at 4am. i havent had a chance to go out there yet but tomorrow i will get a chance.

see the HDH rig has been sitting there for months now - unfired - unheard - unused. i just couldnt get everything in one place at one time.

well the subsa rent there but the tops are so its not that perfect. but i can make sound!

do you know how irritating it is to have speakers sitting there for months and not be able to hear them?

• Members

Sort of. It is impossible for me set up all my lighting at home because of the size of the truss, and my scanners won't work well without hanging from something because of their design. So all the lights sit in the trailer in the driveway. I bought a new Show Designer board to control them and it has set in my den for 4 months now because I can't get a chance to hook it up and program/learn it when the lights are actually up. When it warms up this summer, I am going to take a weekend and set it all up on my back deck and spend a LONG night playing and learning, but tonight is not that night. ;-(

• Members

Am not, am not! You are! ;-)

Yea, I am. Nothing I hate more than new gear I can't get to. And it is starting to pile up on me. Part of my plans for my downtime this summer (remember I am taking this summer off) is to try and sift through everything and get the entire production package like I want it.

It never ends though. I added a Whirlwind Mini12 50' drop snake I found on eBay about 6 weeks ago. I liked it so much I wanted another one. Found a new Whirlwind Mini 12 25' snake for $199 and thought about it a few days. When I went back on line with determination to buy it, they had dropped the price to $159 with free shipping and I was thrilled. Can't wait to get that in and put it in the package too.

If I could just get rid of this pesky day job so I could spend all day, every day, with my system, I might get it all like I want it by next year. Nah, probably not......

• Members

If I could just get rid of this pesky day job so I could spend all day, every day, with my system, I might get it all like I want it by next year. Nah, probably not......

Maybe you shoud get a job with the GSA. From what I read in the news, you could probably swing that. ;)

• Members

i had to work all day today and i really wanted to drive out and work on these cabs instead. no one at work understands what i do so i dont even talk to them about it at all. they can just barely grasp that i am in some kind of band or something.

thats not a real good job for me to be doing.

at least at my other job i am a go to guy for tech and sound.

my wife is getting sick of me BLAH BLAH BLAB about these cabs.

• Members

anyway the cab sounded better than i ever remember this system sounding, maybe that has to do with the VSX26 rather than the HDH controllers i dont know. all i setup was a baseline crossover; no eq, no delay, didnt even set levels betwen HF and MF, i just use how the amps were set for my delta/psd:2002 cabs.

it was a smooth sound that was very loud even at the lowest setting i could obtain without a mixer (ipod at lowest volume into balancing amp into VSX26). when i turned it up a little it got way to loud and started to hurt my ears at around 12' away; this volume was around 1 on a scale of 10.

now i have a lot more work to do before these go out in june

attachment.php?attachmentid=344513&d=133

the one looks pretty sharp after i cleaned it inside and out. i need to get a new camera, apparently it costs $$$ to use the camera in my cell phone. i didnt know that

Archived