• Members

How long have you been using those? We had a bunch for extension cables at my last job, but they'd turn into a huge pain in the ass after a little while and we'd end up throwing them out.

I have been using the reels for 8 or more years...maybe 10 years... (I forgot when I started using them) but they have made setup easier for me.

I do use two of these http://www.homedepot.com/p/HDX-150-f...0PDQ/205038360 for my two (cheap 100' quarter inch speaker cables that I made from homedepot extension cords purchased on sale). I am just about finished changing all of my passive speakers over to speakons so these cables will probably go back to electrical extension cords. These cables do show a bit of "reel memory" when removed from the reel (unlike the xlr cables).

Having an extra (or two) hundred foot speaker cable on hand has made some of my speaking engagement gigs a bit easier when running cable to avoid foot traffic. I just patch in some black cable going up the speaker stand.

Mike M

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

I just use those little white stickers you can find in blister packs. I put one on the plug on each end of the cable. Each has the length and number or letter to make it unique, like 20-3, 25-1, ect. I add an R to the ones with a right angle plug on one end. For speakons I add 2 or 4 wire to the markings since I didn't have right mix of new and old NL4s to separate them that way as I desired. They last quite a while.

Archived