EV Live X vs. SXA/SBA

• Members

Here's another question, rather than getting another 2 118ps, would it be totally outlandish to scoop up 2 sbas at close out price? What I'm really asking is could the Elx 118ps and sba760s be used together effectively?

I wouldn't.

Subs match better when they are identicle. You also end up with a scaleable system that is matched with your tops.

• Members

Ok guys here's one more question.. (I promise) Currently I will occasionally use the 112ps without a sub at all for small beef and beers, communion parties, and the like - not overwhelming bass, but more than enough to get by. I know I would be fine using the sxa250s on their own (because I did), however now I'm throwing the sxa360 into the mix for the extra power. I think I'd like having the extra power when needed, but I still need scalability.

Could I expect similar "no sub" performance as I get from the 112ps from the sca360s?

• Members

That's definitely a fair statement aged, however I believe my question may have been misunderstood. The idea would be to replace the 112p's with sxa360's because I want to the upgrade overall. I just wanted to make sure that, if I did make the change, I could still get away with just the 12's every once in a while.

• Members

That's definitely a fair statement aged, however I believe my question may have been misunderstood. The idea would be to replace the 112p's with sxa360's because I want to the upgrade overall. I just wanted to make sure that, if I did make the change, I could still get away with just the 12's every once in a while.

I don't think there would be too much difference between the 112p's and the sxa360's. I certainly wouldn't classify it as an "upgrade". I think the sxa's have a smoother HF, but having matched subs to tops (all ELX) is likely to provide a better overall sound.

What exactly are you unhappy about with the ELX's other than the finish?

Archived