So, best budget-friendly delay?

Preacher

• Members

Hmmm, very interesting.

I think it's a little too 'clean' for me but yeah, this seems like a pretty good pedal that can be found cheap as it really is under the radar. Not even that many YouTube demos considering it's an EHX product. Cool! :idea:

I could never understand why people would prefer muddy repeats to clear repeats, I have spent decades refining my sound, when I play a lead I am making a statement, if I have a delay on I want to hear myself repeated clearly and accurately, guess I'm the oddball?

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I could never understand why people would prefer muddy repeats to clear repeats, I have spent decades refining my sound, when I play a lead I am making a statement, if I have a delay on I want to hear myself repeated clearly and accurately, guess I'm the oddball?

No, you're not an oddball - at least concerning delay ( ;) ) , that's why there's a sizable market for clean (sometimes sterile) digital delays. There's certainly room in the market for both tastes, and I do see it as a matter of taste. I grew up hearing atmospheric textured delays, and to this day I'm a sucker for a great warbled tape sound. I see the place for clear repeats both short and infinite too. So hey, something for everyone. :thu:

Archived