Sure SM57 $79 (no shipping)

• Members

How can you possibly know if they are legit? "Overstock" could just as easily mean some non nondescript company approached them with a few crates of "Shure" microphones.

They sell a lot more than just Shures. Yes, there are bogus 57's out there, but there aren't bogus Distressors or API preamps. They're "legit" in that the products aren't counterfeit.

-Dan.

• Members

I deleted my post. I Googled them and didn't get much of a straight answer. I read posts from forums, including one referencing an HC post that said they were owned by GuitarCenter/MusiciansFriend/Music 123. Then I saw THIS article suggesting otherwise. I found several other articles including awards won, etc. Still, not enough transparency to me and they clearly state there's a good chance they aren't authorized dealers on at least a good bit of what they sell and warranty things through what they call a "concierge service". I saw many complaints of several week shipping delays.

One thing I'll say about Shure specifically is they have historically had a flat fee repair service for most of their products. Last I looked it was $55 for an SM57. So, as long as it's real, if it breaks in a year they'll repair or replace for that if you send it to them no matter where it came from.

• Members

No, that's cool, Marko. You should share all the information and let people decide for themselves. I mean, in the end, that's what forums like this are here for. I would also be hesitant about ordering that mic from that seller, because as someone mentioned, they would have this mic for the next 20 years, hopefully, and maybe it is better to spend the extra few dollars. However, it sounds like you got a great deal. Here is a link from Amazon, that sort of falls in between the two deals:

http://www.amazon.com/Shure-SM57LC-Instrument-Microphone-Bundle/dp/B005JZ8U08/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_S_nC?ie=UTF8&coliid=I2HW2KXN8BFKT9&colid=3FXS4WT7Z5CM1

I mean, with free shipping and the inclusion of a stand and an XLR cable, one could make the case that the mic in that package is really about $90.00, and who couldn't use an extra stand and cable, right? :)

Archived