What is the reason nobody makes mics like this for live band use?

• Members

Hows about a badass studded collar :rawk: with a mic in it, or some kinda cool headband :cool: instead of a headset mic? Is it too hard or impossible to make it sound good enough for a singing voice?

t_16819.jpg

d_1729.jpg

• Members

this would be really handy for those punk rock guys who like to run out into the crowd..would keep there hands free and allow them to be sillier with the fans.

i used to mount a pair of audio technica pro 35 mics on my collar, was indeed a pretty bad ass studded collar, and send stereo feed to a minidisc in my pocket. anything i heard in stereo was recorded that way, it was an excelent way to capture shows and ambient stuff for sampling.

• Members

What about those mics they use in theater, they hide in their hair/wigs? I'm assuming these are different as those have actual little mics?

Those are just lavalier mics and are typically omnidirectional. The ones in the OP seem to be contact mics, like what you'd find in an under-saddle acoustic guitar pickup. The difference in ambient noise pickup between the two is about as wide as physically possible.

-Dan.

• Moderators

such as driving, riding motorcycles and bicycles. Besides, the easily adjusted Velcro strap fixes the position of the sensor / microphones so that it would not be misplaced even under constant movement. An ideal choice for hardcore operations.

Put a 57 up to your lips and sing, then put it down against your throat and sing. Kinda like mic'ing the side of a guitar amp.

Terry D.

Archived