Anyone have an Irish Bouzouki?

Glenn F

• Members

I can't find anyone on this side of the pond who sells the Luna models. Someone recommended a small shop in Ireland, and I spoke with the proprietor who will inspect and set up another APC B308, but this one is cedar-topped. I have every confidence that I'll be receiving a good instrument, well set-up. I can't believe the condition of the ones sold via Amazon. They looked like they'd been returned a few times and then put right back up for sale.

So, I am really looking forward to getting this. Could be about 2 weeks, but I think it will be well worth the wait. Review and pics to follow when it's arrived.

• Members

It's definitely a niche market. Heck, the Irish only started modifying and using bouzoukis for trad Irish music since the late 60's, so it isn't really a 'trad' Irish instrument at all (if 'trad' is supposed to mean earlier than the 20th century). It's hard to find good info, and other than paying a couple of thousand for a custom instrument, very few choices, usually made by the same factories for multiple brands and store house-brands. They're fun to play, tuned gG, dD, aa, dd. Or, gG, DD, aa, dd. Mine is supposed to arrive today. Anyone with some theory and experience with a guitar can get music out of it pretty much straight away.

Archived