Tuned one of my guitars GG-DD-GG

Buttcrust

• Members
...never sounded better on this cheapo Epiphone LP Special 1

Well, if you're gonna do stuff like this, that's the sort of guitar to do it on .

Anyway, why don't you take it to the next level and basically waste two packs of 9~46 strings and do octave tuning. Or just get an electric twelve string set and do octaves with six selected strings from the pack. Either way, you'd have some spare strings left over if you break a string on one of your other "normal" E-A-D-G-B-E guitars.

• Members

Happy New Tuning Day. HoobaStunk is right that less expensive guitars are best for alternate tunings, IMHO. I have an Alvarez RD10 that's in Nashville tuning and a Jay Turser POS tuned to C#. I'd like to experiment with Gambale tuning one of these days and I need to decide which guitar gets to be the test bed.

• Members

Well, if you're gonna do stuff like this, that's the sort of guitar to do it on .

Anyway, why don't you take it to the next level and basically waste two packs of 9~46 strings and do octave tuning. Or just get an electric twelve string set and do octaves with six selected strings from the pack. Either way, you'd have some spare strings left over if you break a string on one of your other "normal" E-A-D-G-B-E guitars.

when the glacier meltsangry02:rawk::music014::facepalm:

• Members
I am big fan of experimenting with tunings, how have you gotten on with writing in GG-DD-GG?

The only downside to heavily altered tunings is the hassle of playing live, taking extra guitars or lengthy tuning breaks.

I checked out a few "cigar box" guitars, and watched a few vids of the 3 string things..that got me to tune one like that. I may do a "2 string" tuning on another, similar guitar E-E

Archived