QSC KW & JBL PRX...again.

• Members

The comb filtering effects is really quite mild. For most folks it's really pretty un-noticeable IME.

I think it's about a 2:1 ratio for the subs, but that ratio applies pretty much to (USD) price, weight, and size too.

That's what I'm thinking, 2 subs per top sounds like it will be plenty for whereever it goes, regardless of how good the 15 sounds.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

That's what I'm thinking, 2 subs per top sounds like it will be plenty for whereever it goes, regardless of how good the 15 sounds.

That's not what I was talking about.

It was the comparison between the Yorkville 21 and the KW 181.

I would use 1 sub per top for the type of music I usually do. With my line array system, I use 2 tops per sub. It's all about the particular application.

• Members

That's not what I was talking about.

It was the comparison between the Yorkville 21 and the KW 181.

I would use 1 sub per top for the type of music I usually do. With my line array system, I use 2 tops per sub. It's all about the particular application.

I always have more than I need, just in case. That's why I prefer the 2:1 sub/top ratio if possible.

• Members

Meyer or EAW. We use the HPR 153 over 181 and are very pleased but can't use them at every gig. so IMHO, go with small stuff on sticks and create your array. We also utilize EV ELX 112 to create our array and want more of those perhaps this time... powered. They sound really good, too. To my ears, they match closely and with just a little EQ tweak, they are a perfect match. We don't have any regrets in our choices as of late. Perfect for monitors,l also. One drawback about the ELX Live series, the Speakon connectors are real close to the floor when used as monitors. Beware the jerks with boots/shoes on your ELX monitors.

• Members

Meyer or EAW. We use the HPR 153 over 181 and are very pleased but can't use them at every gig. so IMHO, go with small stuff on sticks and create your array. We also utilize EV ELX 112 to create our array and want more of those perhaps this time... powered. They sound really good, too. To my ears, they match
closely
and with just a
little
EQ tweak, they are a
perfect
match. We don't have any regrets in our choices as of late. Perfect for monitors,l also. One drawback about the ELX Live series, the Speakon connectors are real close to the floor when used as monitors. Beware the jerks with boots/shoes on your ELX monitors.

I already use the 112P's (the powered version) for my floor monitors with my 15/18 stack on my current system. I get nothing but great compliments on them (just did a gig tonight and everyone loves them, especially the drummer who, I didn't learn 'till the end) was a roadie for one of the more major sound companies around here.

I'll have to take a look and see what they offer around my budget/system size...

Archived