The Kitchen Porter (new demo in higher key and faster tempo in post 24)

bee3

• Members
Hi - a very quick pass one step higher (key of E) and 3 BPM faster. Would appreciate quick feedback as I have the morning free and then I'm away all weekend. I'm somewhat motivated right now, so would be good to know if it is worth it to re-do everything from scratch or if the current key and tempo is ok.

http://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=12969000

I like this tempo - this song has one eye on sorrow and one eye on musical joy/comfort. The slightly faster tempo hits that balance point just right to me.

And you sing low just fine, no question. But the vocal sounds more unified a bit higher up.

very good work!

nat whilk ii

• Members

Love it.... you have a Rodney Crowell sound going on there. Get Emmylou Harris to sing alongside you and you have yourself a hit.

One suggestion I have with your corn shucking line.

I can get through the evening

With an eye towards the morn

Preparing tomorrow's setlist

While shucking my corn----- While shucking and humming to the ears of corn/ Shucking and humming to an ear of corn

• Members

Because you use Kitchen Porter and its a slow country style song, Porter Wagoner came to mind...maybe you could tie in a Kitchen Porter and Porter Wagoner...or not.....I like the faster version better and your vocal low and high is right on.

• Moderators

I really love this. In the lower D you sound a bit like Don Everly. In E you sound like you. I like the oddity of the lower myself... Not odd/weird but different for you. Either way it is a true inspiration. It sounds like it flowed out of you like the good ones do. Very sincere sounding and feeling without a trace of hokem. Really great stuff.

Archived