NGD

eti

Stevo, do the side by side strat sized humbuckers tend to sound darker to you than stacked strat humbuckers? I've owned / used quite a few stacked models, but never anything like a Little '59 or JB Jr. so I'm not at all familiar with how they compare to each other.

I agree with you regarding going to a 500K volume pot to open up the top end of a humbucker, but OTOH, that might make the other pickups sound too bright.

• Members
Stevo, do the side by side strat sized humbuckers tend to sound darker to you than stacked strat humbuckers? I've owned / used quite a few stacked models, but never anything like a Little '59 or JB Jr. so I'm not at all familiar with how they compare to each other.

I agree with you regarding going to a 500K volume pot to open up the top end of a humbucker, but OTOH, that might make the other pickups sound too bright.

Stacked Single Coils don't require a 500K Pot to sound correct, my JB Jr. did, it was dark with the 250K. And yes any other single coil going through that 500K Pot is going to sound like glass (bright).

• 1 month later...
  • Members
I like it a LOT! It's nice and light (5.2 lbs) and sounds great. It's a 22.75" scale. I have long fingers, but I like the extended reach I get with a shorter scale guitar.

I hear you can put a 24" or 25.5" scale Fender neck on it and it will intonate; just checked and it's true! Base of neck pocket to bridge saddles is roughly 7", just like on a regular Strat.

Might be true for a 25.5"-scale Strat, but not for a 24"-scale Mustang. Good thing I checked before trying to switch.

Archived