October 2014 Great Deals Thread - *READTHIS>>> NoSpamAllowed <<READTHIS

• Members

Weird the Nova Drive is listed as in stock but at the normal $239 price. The link above goes to a little lelaini ukulele. Normally the only time they change out the Stupid Deal of the Day is when the item is sold out. Any idea why they changed it while it is still in stock? Any idea why something would sell out this soon in less than 3 hours for a no so popular item?

• Members
Weird the Nova Drive is listed as in stock but at the normal $239 price. The link above goes to a little lelaini ukulele. Normally the only time they change out the Stupid Deal of the Day is when the item is sold out. Any idea why they changed it while it is still in stock? Any idea why something would sell out this soon in less than 3 hours for a no so popular item?

Stupid Deal of the Day now starts @ 7 am PT -

• Members
Where are all the Gibson deals this year?

All I've seen is a role back on the 2014 models. But that basically brought them back in line with where they started out at the beginning of the year. Working a 10 % discount offer + the price roll-back to $1,862, I got a 2014 LP Classic for $1,675. While that doesn't sound cheap, I compared that against my Guitar-Of-The-Week 2007 Gibson Classic Custom LP I bought seven years ago for $2,000, and can thereby appreciate the deal on these 2014 Classics. Some of the 2014 models may possibly get even cheaper in some stores as the 2015 models are arriving. But, the 2015s are already priced $400 higher, again using the Classic as an example. Sames is going on with the Traditional and other models. But most likely, after Gibson has satiated the most demanding part of the market segment, they'll probably be some price drops later on the '15s as well

A year ago I bought the N-225 on blow-out for $799. Some might think that a "dubious accomplishment". LOL Not sure myself, but that is a different animal.

• Members

Just to solve your mystery for you... it was a bonus SDOTD from the day before and it was gone when the new SDOTD started at 10am EST.

Thanks for solving the mystery there. I wonder why the deal was even posted as it wouldn't have been available if it was the prior day's deal and it was posted after 10am EST.

• Members

Thanks for solving the mystery there. I wonder why the deal was even posted as it wouldn't have been available if it was the prior day's deal and it was posted after 10am EST.

Keep your eyes open - they will drop again - I personally am waiting until I can get one around the $99 or below level.

• Members

Um, I'm pretty sure they've had them priced like that for a couple of weeks now.

Yes, I actually ordered my 2014 LP Classic at the sale prices back on 9/15. But what you can do is use some of the discount offers that are out there (like 15% off at Music 123) to see if you can get a price match which really gets you a decent price. I picked up my Classic for $1,675 (+10% off) which I felt was considerably better than the $2,069 they were advertising them for prior to the drop. But, originally the 2014 line was cheaper than what they currently show as MAP. I was eyeing LP Classics earlier in the year, but when the prices shot up $200+ I walked away. The price drops just returned them to about where they'd been previously in the year. Anyway, I think I did okay for an LP that I'd consider to be maybe a step or two above grade from your basic LP Studio (above that - Traditionals and Standards), and I wanted an LP with coil splitting (which actually is more usable than I'd even thought it might be, i.e. the '57s sound better split than I thought they would) plus it's got the 15db switch to fiddle with. But on that last feature, possibly a second tone would be more useful since a foot pedal is just as easy to hit and preserves more tonal options.

Archived