10 Years Too Late [DONE!! Full Piano Demo #69]

mbfrancis

• Members

OK, cool, thanks, Ram - but man, we have definitively left 'quirky indie pop'-land behind: "For a moment the world seemed like new"...Jesus, it sounds like Phantom of the Opera. My ambivalence now is almost overwhelming. (She loves it, though.)

:D

You gotta serve your singer.....

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Now, I'm seeing Areil calling up Eric 10 years after they split up. She's got two kids with some other tool she hooked up with after she left Eric because she said she could no longer be herself, which Eric thought was bull{censored} considering she was the one who gave up who she was to be with him in the first place. She's chain smoking camels wondering what could have been still not realizing that the secret to her happiness all along was for her to just be herself.

• Members
Now, I'm seeing Areil calling up Eric 10 years after they split up. She's got two kids with some other tool she hooked up with after she left Eric because she said she could no longer be herself, which Eric thought was bull**************** considering she was the one who gave up who she was to be with him in the first place. She's chain smoking camels wondering what could have been still not realizing that the secret to her happiness all along was for her to just be herself.

WINNAH!

• Members
OK, lads, here's the full demo, piano w female vocal. I have to say this is way out of my quirky indie happy place...let me know what you think: http://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=12920549

Does this work? Who would buy this? It's almost like a cabaret thing. (And almost 5 minutes long, sheesh.)

Yes it works. Subject matter is a little too mature for Disney/Frozen sequels, but you could look at an indie movie placement - themes of wistful longing for lost love are certainly still being made these days.. It's a little bit cabaret - if you wanted to accentuate that aspect of it the singer could go for a wider dramatic/emotional arc - more intimate in the soft parts and more triumphant in the loud parts. If someone buys it they can cut it as they see fit but it's fine as is now - I never felt like it was dragging or that it had lingered on past its sell-by date.

Archived