Crazy Blood - an unthought idea

oldgitplayer

• Moderators

Flowing in the bar room Cooling in the jail Bleeding on the stone floored church... 'fore the graveyard and a final coffin nail 'fore the graveyard and the old wife's tale 'fore the graveyard and your final exhale 'fore the graveyard, as you finally exhale

• Members
This is crazy good. It reminds me of Cormic McCarthy. It's got a cool southern gothic timeless quality to it. I couldn't help but work up a version :)

Please post a rough demo - I'd love to hear your take on it.

I'm really pleased when someone likes a lyric enough to do a version of it.

• Members
If you're are interested in another cowrite... I am. This is freaking great. I don't want to impose but I really love this. If interested, I'd love you to maybe send your musical take on this over. A pm is fine if you'd like to stay private. Or out in the open. Or send nothing as I've got ideas. Or keep it for yourself. All your call. I love it.

Lee - I'm really happy to do a co-write with you on this. My composing skills are limited, my playing is basic, and as far as recording goes, I can hit the record button.

It gives me great pleasure that firstly someone likes my writing enough to work on it, and secondly someone who can sing, play and record at a pro level. And I get to sit back and make producer like comments and hear a totally finished result.

Take all the creative liberties you want and I'll help with the direction you take.

I haven't picked up an instrument on this yet, but I will. If nothing emerges, then OK, and if something does I'll let you have it.

And if you nail the verse and chorus, then I might be able to bounce off those with a Bridge like the way 'Turn Another Corner' fell into place.

Choose your own process - either a vox + guitar starting point, or work it up a bit more like 'Ravenhurst Road'.

Obviously the opportunity for any input from me works better with the former.

Take it away Mr K.

• Members

Thanks Lee. No need for all that. I can go to that studio where I recorded that last record, lay this down with some proper mics, and send you a copy if you wanted to work it up further. I can't promise I'll be able to hit it with a click, but I can try.

It's really up to git though.

• Members

That's really nice Ryan - it's a very Ryanesque southern ballad rendition.

But I'm sorry Lee feels the need to bow out. His version would sound quite different, as will mine if I attempt one.

A bit like the lead solos at the end of the Abbey Road medley - you can hear George, John and Paul's personalities distinctly in their playing.

Lee - I listened to the first-try chorus demo I sent you yesterday - it's all wrong. It doesn't capture the mood of the song.

I'm hearing something more up-tempo this morning. If I tackle it, I expect it might be a bit off a JJ Cale and John Wesley Harding album hybrid.

Are you sure you won't get involved? - I hope you might reconsider.

Archived