Subwoofer Standing wave cancellation .... and summation

• Members
I should note that there's a more sophisticated way to associate breakers with receptacles that's not too expensive:

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Klein-Tools-Digital-Circuit-Breaker-Finder-ET300/202330830

$42 well spent.

I own the $30 version from Home Depot and perhaps there is a significant quality jump to the Klein. But my experience with the lower cos that you get a lot of false readings when scanning the breaker box, with the upshot being you are still not sure which breaker is the correct one.

• CMS Author
Looks like a cool gadget' date=' but I'm such a luddite I probably wouldn't trust it. I've got a live wire tester from HD that will indicate a plastic bag is live - maybe it's defective.[/quote']

Tick testers are also known as "idiot sticks". Never to be trusted for safety-related work...and when is electrical work not safety-related?

• CMS Author

I own the $30 version from Home Depot and perhaps there is a significant quality jump to the Klein. But my experience with the lower cos that you get a lot of false readings when scanning the breaker box, with the upshot being you are still not sure which breaker is the correct one.

Yep, if the circuits have a lot of RF devices on them, false readings are inevitable with the lower cost units. But the step up to pro level is steep...around $800 to get into the big leagues, which is well beyond the context of discussion here.

Archived