Satiate system ?

• Members

Got buddy looking to put together a mobile Dj rig and wants some thing like Yorkville Excursion 2000 satellite system but that's more compact and lighter weight like the EV ZX1 but not interested on the EV stuff and wants higher end type of satellite system if they make them since I don't have clue about the higher end stuff.

• Members

DJ rig that is compact, lightweight AND sounds good for that purpose is asking for quite a lot.

FWIW - I "DJ" smallish proms and med-large parties (mostly as favors) with a KX Audio (KV2) KX1.5 sub and a pair of Harbinger powered tops, a small phonic mixer, and a laptop. Plenty of thump for a ~$1000 system that fits in my Focus HB... most of which doubles as band monitors or mains for smaller bar gigs... but nothing I'd feel comfortable doing as a business with the gear I have.

Getting good sub-bass is nearly mutually exclusive with being compact and lightweight. The JBL PRX618XLFs are one of the best lightweight subs out there, but even then I'd want a pair clustered together to do any serious DJ-ing. If I were going to put together a high end compact system for pro DJ work (and if money was no problem) I'd start with a pair of KV2 EX2.2 subs and run a pair of their EX12 tops... or maybe the EV ZXA5s. That's about as compact as I would go to do any serious DJ work.

• Members

Shaster wrote:

Why does it have to be a satellite system? Is the end user unable to operate two powered speakers and a powered sub?

What's the typical crowd size? What's the budget?

thought 2 and 1 are called satellite system  not that it matters but for crowd size is less then 100 ppl. for private party gigs,  

budget not sure exact dollar amount  but enough to buy higher end stuff if they make any compact light weight active systems. As mentioned I don't know much about the higher end stuff.

• Members

twostone wrote:

Got buddy looking to put together a mobile Dj rig and wants some thing like Yorkville Excursion 2000 satellite system but that's more compact and lighter weight like the EV ZX1 but not interested on the EV stuff and
wants higher end type of satellite system
if they make them since I don't have clue about the higher end stuff.

Nexo PS-8 tops, w/ one Nexo LS800 sub.. Tell him to bring his cheque-book, and a pen with lots of ink.

• Members

Our Yamaha dealership said  we'd ave to go to a different Yamah dealership since the

Bobby1Note wrote:

twostone wrote:

Got buddy looking to put together a mobile Dj rig and wants some thing like Yorkville Excursion 2000 satellite system but that's more compact and lighter weight like the EV ZX1 but not interested on the EV stuff and
wants higher end type of satellite system
if they make them since I don't have clue about the higher end stuff.

Nexo PS-8 tops, w/ one Nexo LS800 sub.. Tell him to bring his cheque-book, and a pen with lots of ink.

Thanks Bobby but I told him him best thing  to do is go to a pro sound shop and let his own ears be the judge.

Archived