Another Airport Tigers song for your opinion and feedback

• Moderators

I like this song a lot. The melody is really cool. I love the guitar hook that runs throughout. The singer's on it on this one. I love the bass part idea. I think the player should try to practice keeping the notes ringing from note to note. Legato, not staccato here. It's a bit too choppy. If he can play the same part but tie it all together smoothly... that would go far in bringing a stronger groove to the whole thing. Cool part, execution's not quite there yet. Almost.

and...

the idea of the soft to loud is great. The arrangement of that is spot on. But the mixing of it, well, that kind of thing is more about impression than reality. The bottom line, it gets WAY TOO LOUD in contrast to the quiet bits. Which in reality means to turn the quiet bits up a bit. That kind of thing done right is always more about the impression of amplitude contrast than a reality. So the overdrive kicks in, the singer grows a pair, the drummer starts bashing. These things all imply LOUD. Great. That way you don't really have to make the volume differences so extreme.

You need to make it easier to listen to. Study some songs that make that sort of soft to loud leap to see what I mean.

Cool TUNE!!!

• Members

Enjoyed the tune. Suggest post the lyrics.

Soft to loud leap - as Lee mentioned - try googling Glen Hansard. 90% of his songs do the soft to loud thing - some of them successfully. Some I have to turn off. But I do like his music generally:

LOVE when your singing starts - nice voice indeed.

Enjoyed the melody too. The song definitely has potential. Somehow, it needs to be smoothed out a bit - which is probably mostly on the production side rather than the song writing side.

• 2 months later...

Archived