May 2014 Spam Thread

• Moderators

Welcome to the spam thread. wave.gif

Please read this first BEFORE posting! FAILURE TO FOLLOW THE RULES WILL RESULT IN A TEMP BAN. cop.gif

The Rules:

One post per person, per monthly spam thread.

If the details have changed - for example, a item or two on your list has sold, you've lowered your asking price, or you no longer are looking for a new XYZ Toobyeller cheep - EDIT your original post.

ANY and all exceptions to the one post, per person per weekly spam thread rule need to be approved by me PRIOR to the second post.

This thread is for "want to buy", "want to sell" and "want to trade" posts ONLY. If you have a question about an item that's listed, please contact the seller via PM or email - don't ask questions in the thread.

New pedal announcements from builders go in here too. The "one per week" rule applies. No discussion or questions about announcements in here. If someone unaffiliated with the builder wants to start a separate thread asking about it, that's fine, and the builder can respond - but we're getting way too many builder started "announcement" threads lately, so we're going to try this for a while instead.

If you have questions regarding a certain pedal brand / type, or its suitability for various purposes / tasks, please do a search or start a new thread for that discussion.

If a seller is asking too much (in your opinion), don't slam them for it in the thread. Yes, it might be helpful to some buyers, but OTOH, buyers should take the time to research anything they're considering buying...

HC does not have any involvement in sales between private parties, or members and builders, and this ongoing weekly thread is posted as a public service - as always, caveat emptor et venditor!

• Members

Items:

Neumann KH120A monitors

Ultimate Support MS80B monitor stands

E-MU 0404 USB audio interface

Prices and descriptions below.

Local pickup strongly preferred, especially for the monitors and subwoofer (I'll give you a $50 per item discount for local pickup for the monitors, subwoofer, or guitar, and $10 per item discount on anything else)

CONTINENTAL US SHIPPING ONLY

EDIT: Les Paul sold, all others still available

--FS: Pair of Neumann KH120A active monitors and pair of Ultimate Support MS80B desktop monitor stands - $1350 shipped

I bought all of these new at the same time from American Musical Supply in November 2013. They have 5.25" drivers. I am floored by these (especially with the Mackie subwoofer I also bought) for recording, mixing, and casual listening! I found myself wanting to listen to music much more often with these. It was a night and day difference between the Equator D5s I was using previously. They also seem to be a lot less directional and it's much easier to stay in their sweet spot so the treble response doesn't lack. They are in mint condition (although the construction of the Ultimate Support stands' foam material gives them a strange almost dirty look, but they work great). LOCAL PICKUP STRONGLY PREFERRED.

IuDq4pg.jpg

--FS: E-MU 0404 USB audio interface - $100 shipped

I bought this interface new in April 2013. It was the second one I've owned because I love these things, but I'm short on cash and need to sell this one. They are a steal and one of the best kept secrets of budget audio interfaces. You can find tons of praise for them if you search for some reviews online. It is in excellent condition. I do not have the original manual or packaging, but the documentation and drivers are available on the Creative Labs website. I am including the original power adapter and a USB cable (both are required, the device is not bus-powered). I use Windows 7 64-bit and can confirm that the beta 64-bit drivers from the Creative website work great.

POGZ2Ry.jpg

• Members

Would like to trade my '74 Fender Music Master 24" scale neck for any era US Fender Strat neck. Maybe you have an extra US Strat neck but need a Music Master neck? OK unlikely I know, but I thought I'd give it a shot. The MM neck is in really nice shape, looks much newer than it's 40 years. I dont need a pristine Strat neck either, just something in decent shape either rosewood or maple. Not looking for anything MIM or any Squier necks. Thanks.

Editing to add that for some reason the site isnt letting me post a pic of the neck, but you can see one in my profile pics (I think). And of course I can send some if I hear from a prospective trader.

• Members

FS: SUHR CUSTOM CLASSIC #137

I wouldn't have put this up back for sale, but I have a really nasty itch for a vintage Jaguar and this'd go quite a ways towards funding it. Here's a beautiful Suhr Custom Classic - according to the etched neckplate, no. 137, which places it at roughly around 1997-1998 era, first or second year of production, back when John Suhr was mostly building these by himself. Unfortunately the original owner lost the paperwork and Suhr has lost all the original records due to a computer glitch, but you're more than welcome to contact them to verify authenticity. It's been lightly modded but is mostly original - I've listed out the upgrades below.

Specs:

- Custom Classic /w slight heel contour; Swamp ash body, 3-ply tortoiseshell pickguard, trans Mary Kaye blonde finish (as with most Suhrs, it's an insanely thin poly finish that's smooth as glass - you can even make out the texture of the grain lines through it). I can't remember the exact weight but it's probably around 3.5-3.75kg at the most.

- 25.5" satin finished maple/maple neck, 22 jumbo nickel silver frets. I'd say frets are at about 80% - no major grooves or otherwise. Truss rod is straight as an arrow. Neck contour is a really comfortable medium/thin C-shape, and with the satin finish it's a joy to play. I'm not exactly sure if it's a compound radius, but the neck feels really flat throughout and chording at the upper frets is quite comfy.

- Buzz Feiten Tuning System (no logo on the back of the headstock, but it came with the BFTS paperwork and I've confirmed with Noel and John that early guitars have the system even if they don't have the logo). Sperzel locking tuners.

- Calibrated set of Bare Knuckle Irish Tour pickups wired (1vol/1tone) to a Suhr BPSSC (BackPlate Silent Singlecoil System) for pure hot vintage strat toan with virtually no noise at all. If you know BKP pickup quality, you'll know how good these are, and the BPSSC is amazing at cancelling any hum or single-coil buzz. No batteries required at all, too!

- Gotoh 1055 trem with steel saddles, steel block and 5 Raw Vintage Tremolo springs added for maximum resonance/sustain. Combined with the lightweight swamp ash body, this gives the guitar pretty damn good acoustics - unplugged, it's pretty loud and punchy, and plugged in it's even better. The trem is pretty smooth and the bar has an adjustable collet so you can customize just how it hangs.

- Misc: All matched cream plastic hardware. Schaller strap locks, side input jack. Currently strung up with Curt Mangan Pure Nickel .10s, but they're pretty old - I'll throw in a new pack. I have two new additional pickguards cut specially for this guitar by Suhr that I'll include with it as well (thanks to a snafu in their orders department) - one parchment 3-ply and another tort guard.

Comes with trem bar, bridge adjustment allen key and truss rod adjustment wrench and G&G Vintage form-fit case with plush blue lining. The case latches are a fair bit corroded but still work fine structurally.

This is a 16+ year-old guitar, and it's in pretty clean shape for its age. There are a few minor surface scuffs and indents, the prerequisite tiny finish stress cracks at the neck pocket, as well a couple patches where the finish has checked, but overall it's in great cosmetic condition without any major problems.

Here's some old pictures. I'll get some more updated ones in when I have time, but if you're genuinely interested let me know and I can take more detailed shots.

L1070413.jpg

L1070414.jpg

L1070417.jpg

L1070419.jpg

Price is set at $2,590 SHIPPED TO CONUS, which I think is more than fair given the provenance of this guitar and the price of the pickup + BPSSC upgrade - I'll guarantee that this is one of the best Strats you'll ever play, made by one of the best guitar builders in the world.

I haven't been around here a lot lately but I've had a ton of good booteek FX deals and references here back in the day. I'm located in Singapore - shipping will take around two weeks with tracking and I'll pack it as sturdy as I possibly can.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

I have the following available for sale or trade. I will consider all offers, cash or otherwise. I am really interested in a 16 ohm Celestion Blue or Gold made in the UK as well as an 8 ohm Weber 12a125a. PM me with any offers.

Weber Gray Wolf 16 ohms 50 watts - $70

Weber Michigan 60 watts 8 ohms - $140

WGS Reaper 16 ohms - $60

2 x WGS Reaper 55hz 16 ohms - $60 each

H75 PVC 16 ohms 25 watts - $110

Celestion G12H30 16 ohms - $70

Hellatone 30 (G12H30) 16 ohms, this one has some a bit of white stuff on the doping, it does not affect the sound at all - $65

14045332649_7ef6e36908_b_zps536526ed.jpg

14045405707_5259558392_b_zpsc0a90f3c.jpg

14252167723_48d172bd20_b_zps2ea096b2.jpg

14231983325_a0523bde03_b_zps91a8a5a7.jpg

Archived