Should demo's be standardised?

knotty

• Members

Here's what you do ... contact the demo factory and provide them your specifications and you can get exactly what you want to hear.

Better yet, contact one of the demo posters on YouTube and tell him "I don't like your amp (pedals, cables, choice of demo music, etc.)." Tell him you want him to borrow an (amp like yours) with (pedals like yours and your settings) so you can hear how the guitar is going to sound through your rig. Be sure to tell him what song you want to hear too and to dispense with the incessant noodling.

I am sure you have watched and listened to the demos by Greg's Guitars. They truly represent the character and capabilities of an instrument in capable hands. Not only is the guy a fabulous guitar player, his setup is perfect and consistent from demo to demo. Oh yeah, he plays a clean passage and a dirty or crunch passage for comparison.

Not exactly sure whats going on here dude.

You said " I want to hear it clean and dirty".

I figured you were giving a straight answer on what you want to hear. I said "on what amp"? And now you're getting all cute with me.

It would seem to me we agree, but sheesh what a roundabout way to go about it.

Edit: Have you even read the whole thread to see where I stand on this issue? I bet not

• Members

I figured you were giving a straight answer on what you want to hear. I said "on what amp"? And now you're getting all cute with me.

No, you were implying a crappy amp invalidated my over-simplification of a purposeful demo. I told you (at length) you are splitting hairs and can't have it your way. At demo sound levels and varied recording methods, just about any amp will provide a basis for comparison.

Archived