Frazier Sound Gear?

• Members

Local school has some Frazier Sound gear that was purchased for a field house install and was never used.  They have 2 10" 2-way C59 tops and 2 1591 subwoofers (not sure what they're loaded with).  Tops are in a box and weigh about 80  lbs and are rated at 400 watts, subs are 200 watts and include the speaker and mounting enclosure but no cabinet.  They also have an electronic crossover and some other misc. gear.  The new audio guy at the school is doing some housecleaning and wants them gone.  He believes the school purchased them new about 6 or 7 years ago and doesn't belive they've ever been used.  Not sure what to do with these but for around $50/ea. it seems like a fun lot to mess around with.  Thoughts?

• Members

Thanks Craig....I did check it out.  They seem like quality speakers that I'm sure were a fortune when they were purchased new.  It's one of those things that I have no idea how I'll use them but seems like something I should grab while the opportunity is there. 

• Members

Picked up the gear yesterday.  Turns out there weren't any subs (they only had the low end of the C69's NL4 Speakon hooked up, hence the confusion) I ended up getting a par of Frazier C59's 10" 2-ways rated at 200 watts with Eminance Kappa 10 drivers and a pair of C69's rated at 450 watts with dual 12" drivers with a horn that I haven't dug into yet.  I also grabbed an AB dual 31-band eq and a Soundtech crossover all for $180.....now I just need to figure out what to do with the lot.  The 10's cross over at above 150hz so I need to get some subs under them to give them a good listen, but after a quick re solder of one of the speaker leads to the crossover everything seems to be working.  These C59's are the outdoor model with no box per say but an all weather enclousure and they have the horn mounted in front of the 10" woffer.  I was surprised to read the C69's are a dual 12" 2-way.  I'm interested to see how the 2 12" drivers are mounted inside the enclousere as it's not tall enough for them to be mounted vetically.  Just more speaker fun to help this never ending winter pass a little quicker. 

Archived