Subgroups vs Aux's

• Members

Well, yesterday was a good and bad day; good cause everything was according to schedule, sounds check on time, the ending group showed a little late but it was handled; the bad things are because some of the organizer got illumined from the above and change the order of the event in a whole complete mess, so all the things that we set up previously and ask the time that we spent working with the band meant nothing because in the middle of nowhere another band appeared insisting that they have to play on the event, and at this point is were one of the organizer got illuminated and ask me to help them, si al the mix that the other band need was gone complete, so that "desequilibr

• Members

I think the word you mean translates something like out of balance or out of equilibrium. 

Your show is a good example of why you need to keep the things you can as simple as you can. You can not control everything, so the things that you can control and make easier are important to overall success. Aud fed subs would have added ZERO benefit to your day, but simplifying using conventional configuration likely helped you. The sound difference is much less important than you getting through the gig without crashing and burning!.

• CMS Author

JV90 wrote:

Well, yesterday was a good and bad day; good cause everything was according to schedule, sounds check on time, the ending group showed a little late but it was handled; the bad things are because some of the organizer got illumined from the above and change the order of the event in a whole complete mess, so all the things that we set up previously and ask the time that we spent working with the band meant nothing because in the middle of nowhere another band appeared insisting that they have to play on the event, and at this point is were one of the organizer got illuminated and ask me to help them, si al the mix that the other band need was gone complete, so that "desequilibr

• CMS Author

JV90 wrote:

Sorry, what i was trying to say is "iluminated", I have to keep practicing my English lol, Ah and Craigv, yup, you can handle the situation, but not all; thanks for the comments,

Your English is quite good (better than many for whom English is their first language!). But I'm still not sure what you meant by 'illuminated' in the context of your sentences. That's not typically used in English to describe emotion, which is what I think you were implying. Was the promotor upset?

• Members

Well, we use sometimes those kind of words over here like the one above "iluminado" in spanish, wich in english it would translate as "illuminated" or the one you've mention "lit" wich translate that he or she "receive" knowledge from above the sky, but not the good knowledge, instead the bad and awkward

• Members

Btw, thanks for your comment regarding my english Craigv, I'm still in need of practicing and sometimes the (transition or translation?) speed that you have to get the words from Spanish to English is not as fast as I would like to get; Thats why I have to write the word on my main language and try to explain what I'm talking so you guys can understand something regarding the word,

• CMS Author

As I visit Mexico as often as possible (have different friends who own homes there) I am quite interested in learning Spanish. But at my age it's an uphill battle, so I keep it as more of a rare hobby.

I don't know if there's a good direct translation that would mean, "learned, but not the right way" which is what I think you're trying to explain. "Misinformed" is sort of close, but not really. It's fascinating to see how some single words and short phrases can translate directly, and some require a long explanation.

• Members

Yup, like that, I can barely understand the british accent if they speak fast and they don't modulate the word , my 2 brothers in law told and keep telling me that they also can't understand when we speak Spanish to them because they also say that we talk to fast too, but we talk in normal speed

• CMS Author

JV90 wrote:

Yup, like that, I can barely understand the british accent if they speak fast and they don't modulate the word , my 2 brothers in law told and keep telling me that they also can't understand when we speak Spanish to them because they also say that we talk to fast too, but we talk in normal speed

At the beginning of the YouTube, Robin Williams is talking in a fake Scottish brogue that I'm pretty sure isn't any real words, other than the F-bomb! He also speaks very fast in his standup routines, very high energy, definitely manic!

True, when I hear native Spanish-speakers it's way too fast for me to catch more than 10% of the words. But I also know that I can easily lose anyone who isn't fluent in English by simply speaking in jargon and slightly faster.

• CMS Author

I met a few comedic celebrities in my former career, and it was nice to talk with the ones who were genuine and were also funny in person. I know it's not their responsibility to entertain off-camera, but you get the impression the people who were naturally funny were doing it "honestly", for lack of a better term.

• Members

Hey I just found in you tube a late 70's show wich was the 1rst to be in spanglish (talking in english and mixing with Spanish), I remembered that I saw this over here; well its toward to the Cuban people who get to arrive to the exilio on Miami, and their grand parents wouldn't understand English at all, so you can hear, understand and laugh a lot with the abuelos (I wish I had one like that), you can watch it on YouTube, the show is called "Que pasa Usa", they (the Pe

Archived