OT Wind Turbines

• Members

I was reading an article in the news about wind turbines maybe causing medical issues and possible relates to sound. Part from the article abc news:

"He believes the symptoms may come from the pressure of infrasound -- sounds with frequencies below 20 Hz -- which are on the low end of audible for humans. Rauch suggests those with sensitive inner ears and a propensity for headaches could be sickened by the subtle air pressure created by the turbines"

For all you engineers, do you see this as a possibility that the low frequencies cause tinnitus or migraines from over exposure?

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Thank you Aged. Can you comment on sub 20 HZ frequencies? Does the human body react to those frequencies and can it cause hearing loss?

Another part of the article states this:

"Infrasound hugs and flows to the ground and buffets around [the house]," said Hobart. "I have heard it described similar to flowing water over varied terrain. That's probably why our home gets hit so hard. We also have high ceilings and an open floor plan"

Could it be a construction factor, i.e., their house is acting as a enclosure or "resonating" thus enhancing the low frequencies?

Do you agree with the quote about infrasound hugging and flowing to the ground?

Archived