Remember when synths used to be black?

• Members

Originally posted by Yoozer

Gleeman Pentaphonic Clear. Very rare. But there's actually interesting circuitry to see in there, not a single DSP, a bunch of outputs, and that's it. Plus, it's rather easily scratched - you'll see 'm all.

gleeman.jpg
penta-clear-4.jpg

I must also confess that I'm quite charmed on how the Moog Super Happy Hyper Mega Ultra Extreme Edition Tentacle Rape 5 (or whatever they plan to call it, Kiru'll understand this joke) has blue backlights for the text.

Rollerator has/had one of those. Nifty lookin' synth, it is.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

OMG, i hate the colour Black! Ever try to find something when every cable, remote control, phone, etc., is the same Damn black?

Remember the colourful 80's? Anyway i do have a beautiful shiny ebony black acoustic Yamaha piano, but i prefer the sexy Burgundy of the Korg Karma, the exotic metalic blue of the Yamaha EX series, the one color im not liking is the Triton silver thing, seems it flakes off too easily. All i need now is that Blue mean machine, the Triton Extreme!

• Members

Originally posted by flukewurm

SIKE! circuit boards are COOOOOOL!
:mad:

Perhaps I should clarify:

Yes, circuitboards, or at least the mazelike pattern of cicuits on them, are indeed cool looking- in theory. But when you can see them thru a clear panel on a product- they just look... ugly. The dirty green color doesn't usually go with anything, and the sharp corners just kinda make them look like their floating awkwardly in space, not really matching up with anything else.

HOWEVER!

If, say, someone were to take the time to design a new clear synth, and go the extra mile of customizing the circuitboard to be like bright red or blue or something, and design its shape to flow with the lines of the synths body style, then yes, that would look hella cool.

And be hella expensive.

• Members

the Gravis Ultrasound PC sound cards had red boards. pretty cool looking. I had a black 3d accelerator card as well at some point. It definitely could be done... look at all the PC case tweakers. Clear plexiglas case with glowing IDE cables, neon tubes on the edges... there really is no limit on human tackiness.

• Members

Originally posted by mindwave

does that jx-10 have midi in/out?

Midi in, out and thru and it sends bender, mod, velocity and aftertouch (but the aftertouch is not that good). So as a basic controller it works fine.

AFAIK the "big" Midi problem with this is the apparently non-existant sys-ex which means that you can't control it from outside or interface properly with a PC - but i am very new to the world of midi, so this is just what i have read.

Archived