What are your favorite sample CDs?

• Members

Digital Boy modern dance, strangely enough, is the best analog on CD i've found to date

The Roland "Keys of the 60's and 70's" is phenomenal... dont confuse this with the JV exp board sounds

For the smaller sized stuff (well, if a 30mb sample is small)

the Miraslav seem like a great cross section of orchestral instruments

I dont like loops much, but since i got the VariOS i actually has some fun with the Acid type wav files i had sitting around from somewhere...

Got a couple new ones just recently, so between Roland and Akai I have about a couple dozen collections

Distorted Reality is pretty cool

• Members

Q Up Arts- Latin Groove Factory 2 - Brazil

Q Up Arts- Latin Groove Factory 3 - Carribean

- excellent source for percussion hits, and for add-on percussion loops.

Advanced Orchestra w Upgrade97

- not all is great, but it excells at woodwinds and percussion

Spectrasonics - Liquid Grooves

- fantastic chillout perc/drum processed grooves and hits, dark and weird ethnic vibe

• Members

Some of my more often used ones - 5 CDs of samples with Kompakt, Atmosphere, Trilogy, Quantum Leaps Rare Instruments, Symphony of Voices, George Pendergast Essential Percussion. And now the new orchestral libraries GPO and QLEWSO Silver. For dance/electronic sounds I prefer softsynths these days.

• Members

My most important source of samples is my imagination. A track I did a few years ago has this great sounding percussive sound which sounds very much like tightly wound, crisp Timbales. All I did was took an empty 1 Litre beer can, put in a few small rocks, shook it around and recorded the mo-{censored}et! Then ya just slice 'n dice and you gots Timbales galore. :)

Anyone can sample a CD! How many can sample YOUR mind?

• Members

Originally posted by Neole

Some of my more often used ones - 5 CDs of samples with Kompakt, Atmosphere, Trilogy, Quantum Leaps Rare Instruments, Symphony of Voices, George Pendergast Essential Percussion. And now the new orchestral libraries GPO and QLEWSO Silver. For dance/electronic sounds I prefer softsynths these days.

Eyah mate.

What's that personal orchestra like.

that looks pretty tastey.

i've been wondering about that one.

is there an option in it that will load a basic symphony orchestra up so that everything is ready to go?

• Members

My all time favorite is the Prosonus Orchestra CD. I just got it recently and it seriously sounds GREAT!

Next runners up are:

The Pyramid Collection

Best of Korg

(and soon to be owned "Mellokurz")

all from Pyramid-Sound.com

I would love to own the Symphony of Voices and Voices of the Apocalypse, but gotta wait till the money situation improves ;)

• Members

Originally posted by benskia

Eyah mate.

What's that personal orchestra like.

that looks pretty tastey.

i've been wondering about that one.

is there an option in it that will load a basic symphony orchestra up so that everything is ready to go?

Its pretty good, specially for softer pieces. There are many presets, like you can load a string secton or a brass section, percussion section, piano and flute etc combinations which will load and set up proper instruments all panned up properly for you set to different midi channels. Al you need to do is play.

Archived