The Official "My piano is better than yours because I say so!" thread.

• Members

:o

I dont know if you guys ever go to the piano forums - but the one or two times I've stopped in there I've always gotten in trouble.... It seems that there are ALOT of bitter piano buyers out there that are just DYING to prove that blah blah blah is SUPERIOR to blah. :(

anyway- I would like to state that if I could have any piano I would have a model B Steinway.

They are the best:mad: (no I'm not going to back up that claim- because that would be silly)

:rolleyes:

flame on....:o

• Members

It would be hard for me to say that I want a specific model, since every piano (hand)made is different, but I'd be inclined to say Bose Model 290. I'd wait until they come out with their new computer trigger system, though. Other than that, I'd be partial to a Yammy CFIIIS with the disklavier system built in.

Though, I have a vision of a piano that would put all these instruments to shame. I just need a $#!+load of capital before I could start making it. ;)

Kiru

• Members

Hi TacoFlavoredPigeon,

Thanks for this. Looks like a great forum. I wish I knew that they existed.

Mmmm..... having a read through some of the threads. Some of these dudes take their music more seriously than Rintincop!

Regards

alby

• Members

A Steinway B is a nice piano. I would want one made in Hamburg instead of New York though. And BTW I have been to the New York factory and next to any European factory it is really lacking.

I would love to have a Fazioli or Boesendorfer or maybe a Bechstein or Mason & Hamlin.

• Members

Originally posted by Keybass

A Steinway B is a nice piano. I would want one made in Hamburg instead of New York though. Ans BTW I have been to the New York factory and next to any European factory it is really lacking.

I would love to have a Fazioli or Boesendorfer or maybe a Bechstein or Mason & Hamlin.

The german Steinways are nice arent they? We've got a rebuilt German D that is well.... Jaw Dropping. Mason's dont do it for me for some reason- and all the Bechsteins I've played have been TERRIBLY bright.... Then again I dont really like the tech that services them so....Have you ever played on a Sauter? I was impressed with their 6-1,

Fazioli is Def next on my list to check out.:o

• Members

Originally posted by TacoFlavoredPigeon

and all the Bechsteins I've played have been TERRIBLY bright....

Are you talking about recent Bechstein ? Because older good ones are the sweetest pianos I 've ever heard... Smooth, singing, velvety etc... Very different fron Steinway, that are hard and metallic sounding IMO, because they're trying to squeeze too much power out of them. That's why Steinway is preferred in a concert hall. At home, or for chamber music, a well maintained turn of the century Bechstein is the sweetest piano money can buy IMHO. Not that a Bechstein wouldn't work with a symphonic orchestra but they are clearly less powerful than Steinway. But better sounding also.

• Members

Originally posted by TacoFlavoredPigeon

yeah- that would be a model D steinway.... address the check to tacoflavoredpigeon if you could. thanks.
:cool:

That will never work. Steinways don't sound synthetic or mechanical enough. They are also way too responsive and dynamic. And forget about the action...

• Members

Originally posted by Jack Luminous

Are you talking about recent Bechstein ? Because older good ones are the sweetest pianos I 've ever heard... Smooth, singing, velvety etc... Very different fron Steinway, that are hard and metallic sounding IMO, because they're trying to squeeze too much power out of them. That's why Steinway is preferred in a concert hall. At home, or for chamber music, a well maintained turn of the century Bechstein is the sweetest piano money can buy IMHO. Not that a Bechstein wouldn't work with a symphonic orchestra but they are clearly less powerful than Steinway. But better sounding also.

Yeah- I'm talking about the new ones. The ones I played on were real bright- I didnt have an opportunity to play one over 6' either.:o

Archived