WAY O.T. FAME : Who deserves it the least?

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

yeah, George W. sure is one of the contenders!

the guy can't even speak english and i'm sure he's hardly able to read.... he sucked at the oil business and he sucked as team manager.... now he's sucking as president.... sad really :mad:

• Members

The Bush daughters, "coming out" into the "social scene" with a big spread in Vogue. Look at their braindead, vacant expressions and you know they deserve fame the least. Even Paris Hilton has a twinkle in her eye on occasion. The Bush daughters look duller than their dad.

• Members

Originally posted by Birdienumnum

The Bush daughters, "coming out" into the "social scene" with a big spread in Vogue. Look at their braindead, vacant expressions and you know they deserve fame the least. Even Paris Hilton has a twinkle in her eye on occasion. The Bush daughters look duller than their dad.

Alcohol and drugs will do that to a person. :D

I will have to go with Paris Hilton and that bitch with whom she has a show. Awful. :mad:

• Members

Originally posted by TacoFlavoredPigeon

I'd hit it.
:(

... with a shovel.

But anyway, this planet and this life isn't about what someone "deserves". The word "deserve" implies some moral high ground that decides that after toiling in the dust for a few years, you are entitled to a reward and maybe some extras. Too bad - at least half of this planet's population does exactly that, and gets nothing extra, or a reward that hardly counts as one, because nearly all of it was used to stay alive already.

Who deserves 'fame'? What implies said 'fame'? How many people on the planet know who Mario (Nintendo) is, who Mickey Mouse is - and what have Mario and Mickey ever done to deserve that fame? How famous are you if a whole western country, population 280-and some million knows your name, but the rest of the world doesn't give a {censored}? We're here with 6 billion people, right?

• Members

It's a good point Yoozer, but I wouldn't say hard work is the only key to fame. Yes it's true a lot of people work far harder than Amerikans (actually, probably everyone does) and don't get the rewards, but that doesn't necessarily mean they deserve fame. And no I'm not being insensitive, I'm just separating the idea of luxury and fame.

I consider fame something that comes with some great contribution to the human family...like Keanu Reeves did with "Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure".

• Members

Jay McGraw.....son of Dr. Phil McGraw.

that dumbass has released 2 top-selling books that are clones of what his dad has written....but for teens. makes me sick.

then again, i think Dr. Phil himself doesn't deserve {censored} either....he sucks at life.

-G

• Members

Originally posted by Fear My Potato

I consider fame something that comes with some great contribution to the human family...like Keanu Reeves did with "Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure".

It paved the way for the Matrix trilogy (and gave people jobs), plus the word "Dude" inspired at least a dozen spinoffs, including "Dude, where's my car". I bet a lot of folks are still waiting when the "Whoa"-catchphrase will cause an economic surge upwards in the movie industry. Praise Keanu! :D.

My point was not necessarily the US as a whole - we keep reading here about how -you- folks are the workaholics :), and I'm pretty sure that I'm reading too much into "who doesn't deserve fame (answer : slew of teen stars and starlets follows)", but anyway. In that case, allow me to chime in with a local thing; soap opera celebs. I'll wait a few minutes before Puta will start the defense, mainly because of curvature and sympathetic pantaloon emergencies. Superb.

• Members

Originally posted by Yoozer

My point was not necessarily the US as a whole - we keep reading here about how -you- folks are the workaholics

I seriously hope you're kidding. Amerikans may work more hours or whatever they define as workaholism, but in the end it's only because we're better paid and our jobs are easier, which is vaguely sickening considering we're not the best educated nor the most deserving population. Maturity-wise I'm pretty sure we're somewhere on par with a five-year-old, which is why Canada (US with a better government) doesn't need gun control but we do...unless there's a geographic line that when you cross it you're suddenly a violent idiodic roadrager. I could be wrong on this...

Don't blame Amerikans for their social immaturity though, it's thoroughly the work of the government and it's getting more and more obvious everyday, I just hope it becomes obvious enough for everyone to see before this society is reduced to a bunch of 1984 retards (I mean that last word too). Anyone who says the government isn't actively stifling the social maturity here is closing their eyes to the facts. Twelve major corporations (such as General Electric, a defense contractor) control almost all of the broadcasting services here in Amerika. Colin Powell's brother (I believe brother, I know it's a close relative) is the Chairman of the FCC. And not to mention the fact that all these top corporate pig{censored}ers know each other.

To think that with all that firm control, greedy minds, and millions of trusting and naive people to exploit for profit they don't have larger things going on than most people realize is...well...Amerikan.

• Members

Originally posted by Puta

uhm, so you expect me to defend soapies?

I dunno *cough* Aukje van Ginneken *cough* :)

i only defend the dUdE!

For Honor, Whackjobs and Resonance!

Originally posted by Fear My Potato

I seriously hope you're kidding.

I read a long while ago about supermarket managers not getting any days off in the weekend to spend time with their kids, and doing 50 hours and more, looking rather envious at us here.

But thank you for your insights :). Nevertheless, I should visit the place itself when I have some cash left in an old sock or something - and maybe for a prolonged time, to get some idea... pretty much everyone in our family already went there except me (then again, I don't feel obliged to visit any people I chat with, or have a girlfriend in the States.

• Members

America is a beautiful country, very interesting place for sure. I think you'd enjoy visiting...I mean it's not a bad place unless you're involved in it. I don't feel guilty visiting a place like Las Vegas, but if I was tax payer there, well then I may take up a few issues.

You understand.

• Members

Originally posted by Yoozer

I dunno *cough* Aukje van Ginneken *cough*
:)

ok she is pretty hot! :D

i'm more of a Fajah Lourens and Sonja Silva man myself though ;)

For Honor, Whackjobs and Resonance!

:D

we will die serving the dUdE!

• Members

fred durst

kid rock

jessica simpson

will smith

the list goes on and on....

people who deserve fame:

mick jagger

keith richards

paul mcartney

john lennon

roger waters

david gilmour

clint eastwod

etc......

• Members

Originally posted by Puta

ok she is pretty hot!
:D
i'm more of a Fajah Lourens and Sonja Silva man myself though

just to let you non-dutch in on the fun,

here's Fajah!

16.jpg

Sonja

sonja-silva-02.jpg

and Yooze's fav Aukje

aukje_nieuw2_306x426.jpg

• Members

Well, from my perspective here in the UK, the people least deserving of fame, hands down, are undoubtedly the bloody Big Brother house morons. They have done absolutely F$*k all and yet scores of people know their names and talk about the banal goings on in that house of egotistical jerks. I know this may sound excessively cruel but in the case of big brother, where is Osamma Bin Laden when you need him, please please blow them up next.

Second on the list would be the vast majority of 'stars' from shows like Pop Idol and Fame Academy.

Fortunately most of these people's 'fame' will be VERY short-lived and we will all forget they ever existed by this time next year, probably sooner.

-Sheryl

BTW - is there a generally excepted standard set of characters for implying the word '{censored}' or is it just any two symbols sandwiched between the 'F' and the 'K' ?

Archived